There are three specific things I live for: Beyoncé, elephants, and Awards Season. As the latter comes to a close, the clock is ticking to get in your final predictions for the 2014 Academy Awards. Only 2 days, 1 hour, and 18 minutes (17, 16, 15…) to decide who’s gonna take home the gold. Speaking of gold, if your faves don’t win – you’re not intellectually movie-challenged, blame the Winter Olympics! The broadcast pushed the Oscars back a week, which gave voters extra time to make (or break!) your predictions.
I have to say, this was one of my favorite years in the movies. The top categories are super competitive, and I’m really hoping for some upsets *cough* Dallas Buyers Club *cough*.
Without further ado, here are the winners for the 2014 Academy Awards – according to me, anyway…
BEST PICTURE: I’ll admit, I’d be perfectly fine with Dallas Buyers Club winning every single category. But alas, it’s not one of the top 3 frontrunners which are: Gravity, 12 Years a Slave, and American Hustle.
- Who Will Win: 12 Years A Slave
- Who Should Win: Dallas Buyers Club
ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE: See above.
- Who Will Win: Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
- Who Should Win: Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE: Cate, Amy, Sandra, Judi and MERYL? Are you kidding me? All amazing performances, but somebody’s gotta win…
- Who Will Win: Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
- Who Should Win: Any of them. But – Amy Adams, American Hustle.
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE: Barkhad, amazing performance. Bradley, love him. Michael, excellent. Jonah, wow incredible. Jared, DUH.
- Who Will Win: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
- Who Should Win: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE: Tough choice for me between Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita, and Julia Roberts.
- Who Will Win: Lupita Nyong’o, 12 Years a Slave
- Who Should Win: Lupita Nyong’o, 12 Years a Slave
- ANIMATED FEATURE FILM: Frozen
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Gravity
- COSTUME DESIGN: American Hustle
- DIRECTING: Gravity
- DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: The Square
- MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING: Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa
- MUSIC ORIGINAL SCORE: Gravity
- MUSIC ORIGINAL SONG: Let it Go, Frozen
- SOUND EDITING/MIXING/VISUAL: Gravity
- ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Her, Spike Jonze
The Oscars are this Sunday, March 2nd @ 8:30EST/5:30PST, just blocks away from my apartment at the Dolby Theatre on Hollywood Blvd. If you’re like me, the real show starts hours before on the Red Carpet. Tune into Oscars Red Carpet live at 4pm PST on ABC and Countdown to the Red Carpet at 1:30pm on E!, followed by E!’s live red carpet coverage.
What are your predictions for this Sunday? Who are you most excited to see on the Red Carpet?