Anyone else have an Oscars hangover this morning? As the biggest night in Hollywood was going down just blocks away from our apartment, my roommate and I hosted a viewing party complete with friends (yes, we have some!), Oscar ballots, and tons of food (duh). Cherry on top of an ideal Sunday evening: TRUE DETECTIVE. In case you missed it, here are some of my favorite moments from last night’s Academy Awards:
1. First thing’s first, I correctly predicted 20 out of 24 possible awards, winning the ballot competition. Can I put that on my resume? No prize, just pride and the realization that I’m way too competitive for friendly games.
2. J.Law takes a tumble – again. It wouldn’t be an awards show without Jennifer falling and, unfortunately, this was probably the most exciting moment from the red carpet.
3. DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU’RE MY HEROOOOO? Bette Midler performed ‘Wind Beneath My Wings’ after the In Memoriam. So many tears.
4. Discovering p!nk has a real name. Did anyone else not realize that she has a government name? And that government name is Alecia Moore? Mind Blown. Still love her.
5. FASHION. We saw TONS of embellished nude dresses on the ladies and several gents sporting white tuxes. I loved seeing the men experimenting outside of the traditional black ensemble.
My best dressed picks:
Lupita Nyong’o in Prada.
Giuliana Rancic in Adelaide label Paolo Sebastian.
Camila Alves in Gabriela Cadena. Not to mention her pretty dapper arm candy.
Kate Hudson inAtelier Versace.
6. Jared Leto. Because he has better hair than I’ll ever have. Not to mention his amazing acceptance speech for his much-deserved Best Supporting Actor win for Dallas Buyers Club.
7. Lupita Nyong’o. Not only was she my Best Dressed pick, but her acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actress was perfect. “No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.” PREACH, girl.
8. ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT. I am so, so happy Matthew McConaughey got the recognition he deserves for Dallas Buyers Club. That was by far my favorite movie and performance of the year. He’s certainly come a long way since How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Not that I don’t love that movie. ‘Cause I do.
9. Cate Blanchett tells fellow nominee Julia Roberts to #suckit in her acceptance speech. Enough said.
10. Go home, John Travolta, you’re drunk. Well maybe not, but he completely butchered Idina Menzel’s name. Yolo.
11. Pharrell. And he got to dance with Meryl Streep. He certainly has a lot of reasons to be ‘happy’.
12. Khloe Kardashian. OK – maybe she wasn’t AT the actual Oscars, and say what you will about the Kardashians, but you gotta admit she was looking #flawless.
13. Ellen’s most retweeted tweet of one of the greatest pictures of all time. Best part: Lupita’s brother.